Several key CEA members won out at the 2010 RAAM Awards, held in London last night.
The industry awards, recognising achievement in the exhibition and distribution sectors, were presented at a dinner held at the Marriott Hotel, Grosvenor Square.
Chief amongst those winning awards was exhibitor David Williams, whose hard work and dedication in building up the WTW Cinemas brand, including bringing the first 3D screen to Cornwall, was recognised with an industry achievement award.
His near neighbour Geoff Greaves of Merlin Cinemas, was also present to pick up an award for independent cinema of the year with his newly-opened Phoenix Cinema in Falmouth.
Cinema company Curzon picked up an Innovation in Cinema prize in recognition of its ground-breaking digital cinema partnership with HMV.
There were also deserved awards for major circuits Vue and Cineworld
A full list of winners is set out below:
- International Award – Danny Boyle
- Industry Award – Ireland – John Kelleher
- Industry Award – Distribution – Stewart Till
- Industry Award – Exhibition – David Williams
- Movie of the Year – Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince – Warner Bros
- Foreign Language Movie of the Year – Coco Before Chanel – Optimum Releasing
- 3D Movie of the Year – Up! – Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- IMAX 3D Movie of the Year – Avatar – 20th Century Fox
- Distributor of the Year – 20th Century Fox
- Independent Distributor of the Year – Entertainment Films
- Cinema of the Year UK – Cineworld – Glasgow
- Independent Cinema of the Year UK – Phoenix Cinema, Falmouth
- Cinema of the Year Ireland – Cineworld, Dublin
- Independent Cinema of the Year Ireland – The Lighthouse Cinema, Dublin
- Innovation in Cinema – Curzon Cinemas
- Retail Team of the Year – Vue Entertainment
The CEA offers its congratulations to all this year’s winners.