Hundreds of children and young people gathered in London this week as the winners of the Into Film 2018 Awards – supported by the UK cinema industry – were announced.
The Awards ceremony was held at the BFI Southbank in London, with a star-studded red carpet event that brought together educators, young film-makers, and Into Film Clubs from across the UK to celebrate their amazing achievements.
From exceptional young film-making talent to inspiring educators the event recognised the very best in film education. The Awards ceremony was hosted by presenter Gemma Cairney, and Awards were presented by a host of film industry talent, including actors Gemma Arterton, Martin Freeman, and Gwendoline Christie, as well as representatives from Warner Bros, Walt Disney, Eon Productions and a host of other film industry insiders.
Supported by significant Lottery funding through the BFI, Into Film offers a wide range of activities around watching, making and understanding film for 5-19 year olds. The organisation also receives significant financial and in kind support from the cross-industry body Cinema First, on particular the Into Film Festival, the World’s largest free film festival for children and young people.
Into Film 2018 Awards winners on the day were:
- Amy, Rowan, Freya and Rebecca – Best Documentary 2018 – ‘Still Life’
- Braunston Primary School and Willowmann Productions – Best Animation (12 and under) – ‘The Great Escape’
- Jude, London – Best Animation (13 and over) – ‘Ashta and the Dragon’
- Dyffryn Nantlle Film Club, Gwynedd – Best Live Action 2018 (12 and under) – ‘Swyn’
- Adam Grant, London – Best Live Action 2018 (13 and over) – ‘The Heart of the City’
- Horton Park Primary School, Bradford – Film Club of the Year (12 and under)
- Coleg Sir Gar, Llanelli – Film Club of the Year (13 and over)
- Fletcher, Fairview Primary, Gillingham – Film Review of the Year – ‘Spirited Away’
- Suzanne Cohen, Camden Summer University – Educator of the Year
- Family Film of the Year 2018 – ‘Paddington 2’
Find out more about Into Film here.